Tuesday, October 23, 2012

VeganMoFo inspired...Cookie Dough Truffles

Over the weekend I made cookie dough truffles, which I spotted in a post on the tumblr busted afternoon. I like this site's Buffy the Vampire Slayer MoFo theme; it's very Halloween appropriate too.

Sidenote: Speaking of Halloween VeganMoFo themes, my Netflix que has been growing considerably from posts like this at The Spooky Vegan blog. Next week I'd like to attempt a Halloween recipe, as it seems like all the cool MoFo bloggers are doing them.

This cookie dough truffle recipe seems like something you would pin on Pinterest but never actually make. But VeganMoFo is encouraging me to try some new things, including cat food. And now these crazy truffles.
This simple, no-bake recipe comes from Chef Chloe Coscarelli, who I heard interviewed recently on the Toronto Vegetarian Podcast. (Chef Chloe seems as sweet as her recipes.) The recipe is easier than baking actual cookies and would be a good option to make in the summer, when you don't feel like firing up the oven. You also get to dip cookie dough balls in chocolate, which is messy fun.

The recipe made loads, so there were truffles to share. Being an ingredients examiner myself*, I gave everyone a head's up on the truffle filling but it'd be interesting to surprise someone with a shock of dough.

*This reminds me of the vegan lightbulb joke:
Q. How many vegans does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. Two--one to screw in the bulb and one to check the ingredients first.

No comments: