Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tea break with matcha and books

In addition to following veggie food blogs, I'm a fan of book blogs. (I did noticed another VeganMoFo blog that manages to cover both books and vegan food.  Brilliant idea, Alex in Leeds.) One common feature on book blogs that I always enjoy is "Library Loot," a weekly posting where bloggers share their library finds.

So today, I thought I'd post a photo of my October library books with a steaming mug of matcha, my tea of choice on a fall day. I've mentioned matcha, a fine powder green tea, here before for its antioxidant health benefits. Matcha is simple to brew because it doesn't even need to steep. Just stir in hot (or cold) water, add a splash of vegan milk, and you are ready to dive into the books.  

My library loot includes:
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
Battleborn by Claire Vaye Watkins
Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather

Also on my fall reading list, but not photographed here, are my own worn paperback of The Comedians by Graham Greene and a brand spanking new copy of Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon, which I just won from a Goodreads giveaway.

No comments: