Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mango Lassi Smoothie

Dental woes have been keeping me on my steady diet of morning smoothies. Also my cousin Willa gave me a nifty nutmeg grater for Christmas and my friend Liz recently hooked me up with two bottles of rose water. Hence this new smoothie is born. It's a "No-Yo" Mango Lassi, aka no yogurt. The rose water is a little intense at first. Maybe start small and work up to a full measure. (Or you could pretend it's the vermouth in your martini and just use it to coat your glass.)

Mango Lassi Smoothie
Blend the following:
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/8 tsp rose water
  • freshly grated nutmeg to taste
  • 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 tsp amla powder (optional)
Serves 1.

No comments: