Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Top o' the Morning juice recipe

For my visit home last week, I packed my smoothie arsenal, which was recently restocked by Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Kitchen. My Dad matched my mixology efforts with his own inventive juice recipes. He's really the "Juiceman," as my parent's first juicer was called. (They've since moved on to a different brand.)

Here is my Dad's current favorite recipe. It's a gingery, sweet and sour blend that gets your blood flowing. He didn't have a name for it, but I'm giving it one here, based on his usual bright morning greeting.

Top o' the Morning Juice
Wash, prep, and juice the following ingredients:
  • 5 carrots, peeled
  • 2 inch-piece ginger root
  • 2 oranges, peeled and quartered
  • 2 apples, quartered
  • 1/2 lime, peeled and quartered
Serves 2.

No comments: