Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sticky Fingers' Breakfast Sandwich

As I wrote in February, I've been meaning to post more often about Sticky Fingers, DC's popular vegan bakery and café. The hot news is that they've recently applied for a liquor license. I can't wait to see what that brings to their tables. Maybe some wild and crazy alcohol/dessert concoctions? Or just a finely curated selection of microbrews?  
One of my favorite Sticky Fingers items is their perfectly sober breakfast sandwich. It's a "tofu egg" and veggie sausage combo with a nutritional yeast spread in a whole grain English muffin. Sold in the to-go case, this seemingly simple, plastic-wrapped bundle is a pocketful of flavor.
This is my favorite sandwich to pack for trips because they are sturdy and discrete. It also makes an excellent quick brunch item, especially if you have out-of-town guests to impress. When I'm serving them at home I usually warm the sandwich and add hot sauce. However, the sandwich also is fine cold or room temp. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, or late-night.  
Opened-faced sandwich with hot sauce addition

No comments: