Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday drinks

Here are two holiday drink recipes from the VegCookbookClub December pick, Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas. I used some Kraken Black Spiced Rum for these but they'd be excellent virgin too. Cheers!
"Vegg" Nog
I couldn't find cheap cashew butter, so I made the drink base from raw cashews, blended in my food processor. Just add almond milk, agave, vanilla extract, and nutmeg to taste. I can't remember what egg nog is actually supposed to taste like, but this is a sweet, creamy, and rich treat.
Hot Spiced Apple Cider
When my parents visited last week, they left me some apple cranberry cider, which worked well with this recipe. It calls for a spicy simmering mix of orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. I skipped the cloves (and the cheesecloth), adding an orange slice to each mug and plenty of nutmeg. It seemed sweet enough, so I didn't add any extra sugar.

No comments: