Monday, December 3, 2012

Dupont Circle FRESHFARM Market haul

Here's a photo from my latest farmers' market haul. My boyfriend and I just returned from a short trip to NYC, where we ate and ate and ate. (I'll post some NYC food photos soon.) We came home to an empty refrigerator and the strong desire to eat healthy. So I made a quick trip to the large and bustling Dupont Circle FRESHFARM Market to stock up on salad greens and a few other veggies. I went solo, hence the light load. Just two types of kale, two types of choi, collards, apples, broccoli, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts.

The Dupont market is held every Sunday--spanning 20th ST NW between Massachusetts and Connecticut Avenues and taking over the parking lot of the PNC bank. It is also super transit-handy, located directly above the north exit of the Dupont Circle Metro Station. This month the market runs from 8:30am-1pm. In January, it switches to Winter hours and opens at 10am. I predict that this market will become our main produce fix when our wee neighborhood markets end for the year. I also noticed that SouperGirl has opened a stand, so I'm eager to check out their vegan soups.

No comments: