Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Land of Kush, new favorite restaurant

The Land of Kush, located at 840 N Eutaw Street, is my new favorite restaurant in Baltimore.  It's all vegan soul food, served counter-style in a colorful, inviting cafe. My boyfriend and I visited for lunch this weekend and it was busy with Maryland Deathfest metal enthusiasts, who must be foodies as well. The restaurant was not playing metal during the lunch rush.  Instead they choose a relaxed D'Angelo album, perfect for summer.    

Here are two platters, which is the special combo deal with one entree and two sides. The first platter is sweet & sour seitan with sides of mac & cheese and collards, accompanied by iced green tea. The second platter is crab cakes, live kale, sesame spinach, and iced hibiscus tea. The green salads were outstanding, so fresh and healthy. The entrees and mac were more comfort food cuisine, satisfying that niche. Both plates were hearty and filling.           

We ended our lunch with cupcakes. I thought the sweet and fruity mango cupcake was the winner versus the chocolate cookies n' cream. Both looked adorable in this tiny plastic tub.     

I'm eager to return to The Land of Kush. (Boy, I wish they had a buffet.  Just to sample everything on the menu.) I'd also like to try out their lovely wooden chess set.  

No comments: