Friday, August 16, 2013

VeganMoFo and DC VegFest are coming this September

Ready to represent vegankind in DC

VeganMoFo 2013

VeganMoFo, the Vegan Month of Food, returns this September 2013. This former Post Punk Kitchen and blogging event has turned into a social media extravaganza. And rightly so. It's a month-long celebration of the vibrant community of vegan foodies that exists across all platforms and the Universe. Cue the trumpets.

I've participated twice in the past and it was a blast! This year my theme will be smoothies because I've had so much fun blogging about them so far, largely thanks to Crazy Sexy Kitchen. That means I've placed this blog into the Healthy/Whole Foods blogroll group. How cool is that?

My favorite thing about VeganMoFo is finding inspiration in what other MoFo'ers are posting. I can't wait to see what everyone cooks up. I'm going to be on the look-out for fellow blenders and DCites. And I'll be Instagram too, following the #VeganMoFo action.

DC VegFest

And if September wasn't cool enough, DC VegFest is happening on Saturday, September 28th, 2013. Hosted by Compassion Over Killing, this one-day, free festival promotes veggie food in the nation's capital. I didn't get to go last year and it has moved to a cool outdoor location, Yards Park, convenient to Navy Yard Metro. The lineup of speakers looks great. You can even meet the Shannons, our August VegCookbook authors, and see them do a cooking demo. The festival runs from 11am to 6pm.  

  

No comments: